Sunday, June 22, 2008

Better than we were. More than we are!


In a very small prayer meeting Saturday night I found myself with a new prayer. I am very excited about all the great kids in the youth group. They have so much talent, and great youth leaders. I was so happy to get to be at the Ferguson’s Friday night, and see most of these kids and how great they are together. I know I had a great youth group when I was that age! There was not a better youth group around then, but where are they now? I have been thinking the last few weeks, I want Rush to see the great revival that we saw as R.I.O.T. Then something else came to mind. If you look to see where those great groups of kids are today, you will not find most of them here. Yes, there are the awesome few that still stand in a church today.

So my mind was so heavy with this thought Saturday night, that I could not sit still. You can not live in the past or want others to ether. They have to have there own dreams and desires. This is the prayer that God gave me. (Better than we were. More than we are!) Rush can be so much better than we were, and they are going to have so many more kids then we ever did. I hope in some way I can help. I want to be there and a part when it starts to happen. I have thought for years that I would work with youth, and this prayer has just let me know that God is still working on me. What ever it takes God keep working on me, and let me be the example you need me to be!

3 comments:

KAN said...

And your pushy friend says that you made one of the biggest steps by going up to the front row Sunday.

I know, I know -- you're not a little youth girl anymore that needs to sit on the front row, B-U-T, come one --- who is going to lead these younger girls in worship if it isn't the older girls?!?!

They don't need to see just this old mama out there lost in worship. They need you "older" girls. And we don't have very many. SOO-O-O-O-O I guess you're it!!!

TAG

Amanda said...

Yep, I agree with KAN. Someone has to be a worshiper and it might as well be you. The younger need the older to show them the way and to let those that want to worship know it is okay to get out there and shout or get lost in praise. Keep being the leader you are!

Love ya'

Ma

Girl of Hearts said...

Yes you two I KNOW! and thank you both. sometimes we all need a little help. I hate that I will miss a few nights of church the next two weeks but I will be right there when I can!