Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Your Voice

All I can hear is your voice singing.
I can see the words of that old song so clear.
See them written on the page of that old song book.
You were standing up so little and young singing so loud.
I just wish the words meant the same to you now.

I know that my last post was about some of the same things but I thought that I would add this one to. I can hear an old friend singing, but this would not be the song now. When I start to think of songs that mean something to me it seems they are old songs. Like: My Promise Land, Build My Mansion, Just A Little Talk With Jesus, and What A Day That Will Be. My Pastor started to sing some old songs to night at church and was funny to me how many of the younger kids did not know the songs. I can remember when that was all we sang at my church. Now when we sing them, all the kids look at each other like what is going on.

So the next time you hear an old song start up, just close your eyes and enjoy it. Don’t think about how long its been since you heard it last, just let it speak to you!

6 comments:

Tracie Smith said...

Megan! Welcome to blogging. It really helps to post thoughts and feelings. Every now and then someone comes along and misundertands or takes exception but it's ok. Like your post about "stand" you have to just do it!!! From time to time things happen and we may not stand so tall. But no matter what happens don't lay down....even if you have to 'squat'. I enjoyed the hymns tonight, too. Remember I've always said that God has something special for you. Take a stand and 'go for it'.

I love you girl!

Pastor R Kent Smith said...

Welcome to the blogosphere Meagan.....

I am glad you made it and know you will find much joy here...

The blog is nice .....

Keep up the good work....

Love you

Pastor

Girl of Hearts said...

Thank you both!

KAN said...

Yes, welcome to the world of blogging. You must be careful: It can be very addicting!!! I just love it. I don't do the daily "what's on my mind" kind of blogging, but I enjoy what I do. I also surely do enjoy reading what is going on in everyone else's lives.

Since I know your mama and I have ridden too many miles listening to LOTS of good music, I KNOW where you heard most of the church "oldies". And, while you KNOW I love my music load and cranked up and do love my "Christian rock", there is no music like the "oldies but goodies". I fear we're raising a whole generation of kids that will never know what it's like to sing "Amazing Grace" while tears run down their faces remembering such truly amazing grace.

Love ya! Can't wait to keep up with you on a whole 'nother level!! Kathleen

Deadra's Dialogue said...

Ahhhh....it's Megan. WELCOME. Great post. Happy b-day tomorrow, Love you!

Anonymous said...

Meggie...GOH...

Liked what you had to say...think I may even know whom you are talking about...hmmmm.

Love doing the Starbucks thing with you. It really is a great time to re-connect with what is happening in your life. I would be very empty without you in my life.

Hope your b-day party is fantastic!

Mom Amanda