Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Standing!

You were there when I blamed myself for what had happened and all that were leaving, and cried for months.
You told me that it was ok and not to blame myself.
I made my stand that night.
My stand for what I believe and for all that I have.
Tonight I will stand where you use to stand and know that you aren't standing anymore.
But tonight I am going to stand no matter what it takes.
As much as I care I will not let myself change for you.
Just remember I will always see you in the back of my mind standing.

I wrote this about a year ago about a friend, but it seems to fit all the things going through my mind right now. In my mind I can see the way things use to be. People say you can not live in the past but sometimes you have to look to the past to see how to fix the future. I was very much changed Sunday night. I thought of how I have let things change and how much I do not like some of the changes. So what can I do but fix things. I know to well that you can not fix other people but I can fix ME! Some day I will look up to see these people just where they should be, and when that day comes there will be a shout like none have ever seen. We all have to make our stand. Will you make yours for the one, the right things, or the right ways? Only time will tell.

1 comment:

Yvette said...

Wow!!! This is good stuff Megan!!!

Love you,
Yvette